Blog

About PHEEsible

Celebrates:- birthday every 20th of May.

Was:- in Clementi Primary School
Now:- in Raffles Institution
CCAs:-
House:-
Loves:-


Tag PHEEsible









www.donghaeng.net
(To turn off, right-click on picture and then unclick "play")





Monday, October 27, 2008 - - 0 Comments

Hi, pretty lazy these days, but every once in a "green - yellow" moon, I will blog about some of the things which happened to me. As usual, I went for a game of badminton with some people and two days ago, we went to Wei Ling's house and played a lot ( not to mention eat a lot). Played some very fun games, besides a poker game called "Tai Di"( pardon me for my spelling). Played only 3 games- didn't like that boring game, then Gordon said, " AIYA! You don't like to play because you're lousy at this game," but in fact, out of the 3 games I played, I won 2 of the rounds. We ate Wei Ling's mother's home-made maggie noodles, which I also had for breakfast. Argh! But i liked the fried chicken and potato, but again, doesn't mean that I'm gluttonous.

Yesterday, I went for a talk by Steven Tong about the bible, the book of John. not really stressing on the story of John, but about the meanings of the word and the facts of how the word "logic" came from the word "logi" which came from the word "logos"( Lor-gause) , invented by a man. As some of you may realize, 'logic' is very often used, for example- "physiology", "psychology"....etc, they all share something in common- the word "logy", which comes from the word "logic". The teachers before said that what all things have in common is water, but then the later generations say its air, then the man who invented the word 'logos' said it was numbers, but John said it was the word, which was common between all things on Earth. Of course there was others but those things were really way over my head. Steven Tong was no ordinary Tom, Dick and Harry. At an exceptionally young age of 20 plus, instead of learning philosophy, he was teaching university grads about philosophy. He was once a non-Christian but after having serious thinking, very very deep ones, he's left with two options, and in the end, he decided not to go against Christianity but to be a Christian.

HAHA, nothing else to say now, gd bye...for now.

This entry was posted on 10/27/2008 11:54:00 AM You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: